Chocolate is loved by people of all age group and that’s why it is the easiest kind of gift that is appreciated. Various flavors of chocolates can be tried for various occasions and making others happy. From simple chocolate basket gifts to a bouquet made of chocolates, you can try different things with chocolates. But before that learn a few bizarre things about the wonderful chocolates and relish the taste.
1. A recent study has found that consumption of chocolates is directly proportional to the number of Nobel laureates in a country. The graph shows the highest number of Nobel Laureates belong to Sweden and Switzerland and we know the high chunks of chocolates they produce. We have only 11 Nobel winners. So, do you think having more chocolates would increase the propensity of Nobel win?
2. Theobroma cacao is the tree from which chocolate is extracted and the meaning of this tree is “food of the Gods”. So, for the next advertisement campaigns, some chocolate magnets can use this as a theme – what say?
3. The history of chocolate begins with the Mayans, who used to use chocolate as a form of currency.
4. While you are enjoying a Hershey chocolate bar next time, remember that it takes almost a year for a cocoa tree to yield adequate pods to churn out 10 standard-sized Hershey bars.
5. 40 percent of the world’s almonds are made exclusively for chocolate products, making the nut versatile and useful in more ways than one!
6. While we think of chocolate our mind fills up with sweet memories and we can feel that sweetness in our mouth also. It may surprise you that the word “chocolate” comes from the Aztec word “xocoatl,” which means the bitter and spicy drink the Aztecs made from cacao beans. Sounds so unlike of a chocolate, right?
Read also: Benefits of Whey Protein
7. It’s the only food that melts at body temperature: The melting point of chocolate is 93° Fahrenheit, right below the natural temperature of the human body.
8. Another bizarre fact about chocolate may startle you totally. Many people are allergic to chocolates and these people are believed to be allergic to cockroaches also. Because as per the reports of Food and Drug Administration, eight insect parts are typically found in a bar of chocolate.
9. The next one is People who report feeling depressed eat about 55% more chocolate than those who do not report feeling depressed.
10. Stomach Bacteria Transforms Dark Chocolate Into Anti-Inflammatories: There’s a lot of talk about how chocolate is so much better for you than any other sweet treat.
11. The massive bounty of chemicals inside the cacao bean are being relentlessly analyzed for potential health benefits, and one might be able to improve your memory.
12. Have any idea what is the size of Indian chocolate market? It is approximately INR, 45,000 crores.
Knowing these facts now must have increased your hunger for chocolates. So, enjoy the online chocolate gifts in India and spread the great taste everywhere.